Students can only be accepted for an exchange programme through their Home Institution. It is therefore recommended that students interested in studying at the UniversitĂ degli Studi di Perugia, as part of an exchange programme, should contact their Institution's International Relations Office to enquire whether there is a bilateral agreement in place between the home Institution and the UniversitĂ degli Studi di Perugia.
Erasmus mobility students must be nominated via e-mail by their Home Institution which will provide the student's full name, area of study, period of study and e-mail address.
Once nominated, the student will be sent on-line application instructions.
Please be informed that student on-line application is mandatory and is accessible at the following link: http://www.uri.unipg.it/incoming/
Deadline for on-line application is 15th July, 2014 for the 1st Semester and for the full year.
Deadline for on-line application is 15th December, 2014 for the 2nd Semester.
Once you fill out the Student Application form and Learning Agreement on-line, you will need to activate the â€śprintâ€ť function.
You will print a copy of each, signed by yourself and by the Responsible person in your Home Institution.
All parties must sign the document; scanned copies of signatures or digital signatures are recognised.
The signed Student Application forms and Learning Agreements must be sent on or before 15th July, 2014 for the 1st Semester and for the full year and 15th December, 2014 for the 2nd Semester directly to the following e-mail address:
EU/EEA and Switzerland - Students from the European Union Member States or the EEA countries may move freely without the need for a study visa.
Non EU - Students from all other countries will need to obtain a study visa. Students should contact the Italian Consulate or Embassy in their home country to find out what to do. It is recommended that students begin all relevant visa applications as soon as possible as they MUST be in possession of a study visa upon arrival in Italy.
For more information, please consult:
The Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs: http://www.esteri.it/visti/index_eng.asp
Please note that in order to apply for a visa, it is essential that you present our Invitation letter, which will be issued once we receive your original documents by post. It is therefore advisable to complete your on-line application and send us the necessary documents as soon as possible, in order for us to issue your Invitation Letter. Also be reminded that you must request University Accommodation in order to obtain your visa. If you decide to change your reserved accommodation upon arrival in Perugia, you must inform the Incoming Student Mobility Office.
In addition, Health Insurance is essential in order to obtain a study visa and a permit of stay. To verify that they are acquiring the correct health insurance, non EU students should check their policy first with the Italian consulate in their home country.
Consequently, the health insurance policy must be validated and sealed, together with the invitation letter, by the Italian Consulate/Embassy.
EU - EU students must bring their European Health Insurance Card (See example below). This card entitles the holder to any medical assistance that might become necessary during a temporary stay (but cannot be used for private sector health care providers). This assistance will be provided in accordance with the legislation of the host State.
For more details, go to: http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=509&langId=en
Non-EU students must obtain health insurance prior to their arrival in Italy. This is essential as healthcare in Italy can be expensive.
- If the health insurance policy is not validated and sealed by the Italian Consulate/Embassy of their home country, it will be mandatory for the students to obtain a new policy upon arrival in Italy.
- An Italian Insurance Company, "INA Assitalia" offers a policy, which covers emergencies only, at the cost of â‚¬ 98 for an entire year and â‚¬ 49 for six months. This policy would not cover basic medical services, but would be sufficient to obtain a permit of stay. Students may obtain this health insurance policy at the Central Post Office in Perugia (Piazza Matteotti).
Please note that without a health insurance policy non-EU students cannot obtain a permit of stay
- However, once non-EU students have obtained their permit of stay and wish to have complete medical assistance, they may register with the National Health Service (SSN) at a cost of â‚¬149.77, which covers the calendar year, that is, until the 31st December of the year of payment. Students must go to the USL (Local Health Unit) and present their passport and permit of stay, where they will have the possibility of choosing their own doctor and receiving the same healthcare as an Italian citizen.
Azienda USL Umbria 1
via dei Filosofi, 9 - 06100 Perugia
Tel.: +39 075 5411
Fax: +39 075 5412004
Monday to Saturday 8:00 - 12:30
Permit of Stay
Non-EU students (who wish to study in Perugia for more than 3 months with Visas D or D+C) must apply for a permit of stay â€śPermesso di Soggiornoâ€ť within 8 days of their arrival in Perugia, according to Italian law. To do this, students must pick up an application pack free of charge â€śPermesso di Soggiornoâ€ť (inside an envelope with yellow stripe) from any post office branch and return it completed and with the appropriate documents to a â€śSportello Amicoâ€ť desk at the Central Post Office in the city centre no later than 8 days after their arrival. The permit will then be issued by the â€śQuesturaâ€ť of Perugia.
Documents required at the post office:
- Completed application form
- Certified letter issued by the Incoming Student Mobility Office stating period of stay or an Acceptance letter from the UniversitĂ degli Studi di Perugia sealed by the Italian Consulate of the home country
- A valid passport showing entry visa (empty pages excluded) and a photocopy of this document
- A revenue stamp â‚¬ 16,00 (this stamp, called â€śmarca da bolloâ€ť, can be purchased at any local tobacconistâ€™s shop around town)
- Photocopy of health insurance policy, valid throughout Italy and for the entire period of stay requested in the permit
- Applicants must also submit a copy of receipt of payment of â‚¬ 30.00 for the issue of an electronic permit
Once initial identification and checks have been completed, a receipt is issued which lists the user ID and password required to verify the state of progress of the application.
The price of the application is â‚¬30 which is paid at the post office upon acceptance of the application. The applicant will then receive a registered letter through the post with the date and time of the first appointment at the Questura. Students must attend this appointment taking with them: the registered letter, 4 identical (recent) coloured (with white background) passport-size photos, original valid passport, â€śPermesso di soggiornoâ€ť and the postal office receipt. The aforementioned documents must also be brought when picking up the electronic card.
The cost for the electronic card is â‚¬107.50.
For more information consult the following link:
The Questura in Perugia is located at via del Tabacchificio 21, PERUGIA
Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 09:00 to 12:00
Thursday afternoon from 15:00 to 17:00
Registration Procedure for Mobility Students
Upon your arrival in Perugia, in order to be enrolled at the UniversitĂ degli Studi di Perugia, kindly present yourself at the opening hours (Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 11.00 to 13.00 or Tuesday from 15.00 to 17.00) at the Incoming Student Mobility Office (P.zza dell'UniversitĂ ,1 - Perugia) in order to provide you with all the necessary information regarding your Erasmus period. To complete your registration procedure, you must bring with you the following documents:
- One copy of your passport or I.D. card
- Certification from your Home University which declares that you are an Erasmus exchange student, selected to study at the UniversitĂ degli Studi di Perugia during the academic year 2014/2015
- Confirmation of Arrival Certificate (if available from your Home Institution, if not, our Erasmus office can provide you with a Certificate of Arrival and Departure)
- Two passport size photos
- The University Registration form filled in and duly signed by yourself.
As an Erasmus student, you will remain matriculated at your Institution and will be exempted from any registration fees.
For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: + 39 075 585 2024
Fax + 39 075 585 2352