Medical Assistance for foreign students
- The EU foreign students, joined Perugia University and in Italy in temporary stay, in possession of the European Health Insurance Card, can get any medical treatment with the same rights to health care as Italian citizens, getting all services free of charge or on payment the ticket, where required. Even in the absence of choice of the medical examiner, the student-EU in possession of the European Health Insurance Card, can contact the general practitioner, for the occasional visit, regulated by Article 57 paragraph 4 of the current National Collective Agreement of General Practitioners, without any charge.
- The non-EU foreign students, with regular stay permit for study purposes, are entitled to registration with the National Health Service voluntarily with the payment of an amount of € 149.77, for which he is entitled to access the facilities of the NHS free of charge, or behind payment of the ticket, where required. The performance of the general practitioner, since the performance of their health care provider, regulated by Article 40 of the current Collective Agreement National Practitioners generally does not involve any charge to the patient.
For more information visit the following link (in Italian):
USL Umbria 1 - Public National Healthcare Service
In addition to health services provided by the Università degli Studi di Perugia, Italy has a public national healthcare service (USL) that can be used by foreign citizens in possession of a valid Residence Card or Residence Permit.
For more information regarding services offered by USL 1 consult:
via dei Filosofi, 9 – 06100 Perugia
Tel.: +39 075 5412868
Monday to Saturday 8:00 - 12:30
European Health Insurance Card
S. Maria della Misericordia Hospital ("Silvestrini" Hospital)
Perugia's general hospital is located in the city's suburbs, approximately 10 minutes from the city centre.
For more information regarding Hospital, consult: www.ospedale.perugia.it/
Address: S. Andrea delle Fratte – 06156 Perugia
Tel. +39 075 5781
For the Accident and Emergency department, follow signs for 'Pronto Soccorso'
The 'Guardia Medica' is an out-of-hours health service open during the night, weekends and on holidays. Should students need to see a doctor during these hours, they should call: Tel.: +39 075 36584 or +39 075 34024
For more information regarding Guardia Medica, consult: http://www.uslumbria1.gov.it/servizi/guardia-medica-118
Address: Via della Pallotta, 42 – Perugia
Tel.: +39 075 36584 or +39 075 34024
Useful Health Telephone Numbers:
- Emergency Health Service - Tel.:118
- Medical Service (Via della Pallotta) Tel.: +39 075 34024 - +39 075 36584
- Hospital – Tel.: +39 075 5781
Pharmacies in Italy are denoted by a green cross on a white background. Pharmacies generally follow shop opening times (approx. from 8:30 to 13:00 and from 15:30 to 19:00, Monday to Saturday). However, in large cities many are open throughout the day. Night time service is provided on a rota basis (Pharmacies take turns in opening during the night). Opening hours and night shifts are displayed outside each pharmacy and are published in local papers.
The pharmacy 'Sodalizio San Martino' in Piazza Matteotti (in the city centre) is open every night from 20:00 until midnight and on Saturday afternoons from 13:00 to 16:00.
Other medical facilities
Further medical facilities are offered by A.Di.S.U. Please consult: http://www.adisupg.gov.it/servizio-medico.
A.Di.S.U. also offers a Psychological Counselling through the Centre “Lo Zaino” established in 1999. Students are welcome to meet with expert counsellors on an individual or group basis in order to better understand and come to terms with psychological problems.
Please visit: https://www.adisu.umbria.it/comunicazioni-istituzionali/lo-zaino-servizio-di-consultazione-psicologica
The Incoming Student Mobility office is at the students' disposal in the event of any emergency or problem.